Members of the Carry Cargo Export team attended a one-day course recently organised by BIFA and delivered by a dangerous goods specialist to update us on all the latest regulations, we were guided through the basics of dangerous goods in the context of:
• UK National and European road regulations
• Sea regulations
• Air regulations
• Health & Safety law
• Awareness of responsibilities and consequences
• Identification, classification, labelling and marking
• Compatibility, segregation and packing requirements
• Placarding of vehicles and containers
Each of the above regulations requires that employees involved with dangerous goods receive basic awareness training which should be refreshed periodically.
All business is carried out under the current BIFA standard trading terms and conditions which are available upon request.